Many people think that home automation is only for the rich and famous, but with constant improvements in technology, it is becoming more and more affordable all the time. There are so many ways to improve your life with automating processes in your home. One that is particularly popular is automating the lighting in your home.
Here are a few reasons why automating lighting in your home is so popular:
- You can save a lot of money on electricity if you have motion-sensor lights that will only be activated when the space is actually being used. Although not on purpose, lights are left on all over houses constantly. That adds up over time, and it can be costly.
- You’ll feel fancy. Who doesn’t want to clap to turn off the lights while you’re lying in bed? It just seems like the elegant thing to do. You’re too important to get up and turn the lights off after you’re done reading and ready to go to sleep, right?
- It is inviting to guests when the outside lights are on, but you don’t want to waste electricity by having them on all the time. Instead you can have motion-activated outdoor lights.
- Automatic lighting can cue you to start certain routines, like dimming at a specific time to encourage you to start getting ready for bed or turning on in the morning to get you up and going right away.
- You can control your lighting even when you’re not home. This can be a big relief when you’re heading out of town for a vacation and you just can’t remember if you turned the lights off.
All of these are great benefits to automating lighting in your home. It is a good and surprisingly inexpensive investment that you will not regret!