It’s hard to know whether you should call your local electrician when you notice an issue or ignore it and hope for the best. While it’s always better to err on the side of caution, here are a few signs it’s in your best interests to call us at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. to come and take a look at your home’s electrical system:
1. Your lights flicker/dim unexpectedly—Seek the assistance of one of our electricians to determine if these appliances need their own dedicated circuits.
2. Your breakers trip frequently—A tripped breaker every once in a while is no cause for concern, but if you reset your circuit breaker all the time or blow fuses with regularity, have an electrician come and take a look at your system.
3. Electrical cords run under your rugs and along your floor boards—This is a serious electrical hazard that should be remedied as soon as possible with more outlets.
4. You use a ton of extension cords—Extension cords cause thousands of fires in homes every year. Instead of relying on extension cords to power all your devices, call us to come and install more outlets in your home.
5. Switches and outlets are warm to the touch—This is an indication that your circuit breaker is getting overloaded.
6. It’s been a while since your last inspection—All things start to wear out with age, so if it’s been several years since your last electrical inspection, call us to come and look for common issues that could compromise your electrical system’s functionality, performance, and safety.
7. You want to install a new fixture—If you want to install a new ceiling fan, light fixture, or another electrical feature in your home, preserve your safety and sanity by letting our professional team expertly handle the project.
8. You have concerns about your system—Even if you simply have a hunch that something’s wrong with your electrical system, don’t ignore these gut feelings! We’re always happy to give you advice and make recommendations about your home’s electrical system.