At Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc., we repair and install a wide variety of electrical products for home and business owners in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. But, when it’s time to replace your ceiling fan or your generators, how do you know which products to choose? There are several important things to look for when purchasing electrical products to ensure that you get the best products for your needs.
- Energy Efficiency – There are a lot of electrical products out there today, from the standard light bulb to a fancy lighting system. What’s important to note is whether these items meet energy efficiency standards that will give you longevity and help you save money on your utility bill.
- Proper Voltage – Did you know purchasing electrical products that don’t have the proper voltage could cost you money up front and in the long term? Make sure to check the voltage you need before you head to the store, so you purchase the electrical products that work best.
- Clear Contact Information – Have you ever really looked at a package to see where it comes from? If a product manufacturer is up-to-par, they will have clear contact information on the label, which you can use to provide feedback about their products.
- Avoid Second-Hand – This may seem obvious, but if you are shopping electrical products that have already been used, you may be putting yourself at risk. There is probably a reason someone else didn’t want the product anymore, so you should probably avoid putting it in your own home or business.
- Warranties & Guarantees – It’s important to learn whether the electrical products you are buying have guarantees and warranties. This way you can get a replacement or have something fixed if you find that your purchase doesn’t meet your needs.
If you ever have questions about electrical products, or if you need assistance with repairs and installation, just give us a call at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. We’ll be happy to assist you!