Having a wired-in generator, sometimes referred to as a whole-house generator, is something that you’ll never regret. At Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc., we have nearly 30 years of experience with generators and other electrical services. We are happy to discuss the various types and help you decide if you want yours to switch on automatically or manually. There are many reasons why you should have generators for your home and business. Here are the most common benefits to consider.
- Peace of Mind- Being plunged into darkness with no warning is something that throws most people into panic mode. You can feel very vulnerable when you can’t see what is going on around you.
- Security- Criminals love to take advantage of neighborhoods without power because they love to do their illegal activities in the dark and with the expectation that many home security systems depend on power to operate.
- Safety- Lighting allows you, your family, and those at your business to move about safely. An automatic switch to a generator means nobody has to fumble around trying to get the lights back on.
- Medical Devices- If someone in your household or at your business requires a powered medical device to avoid a medical emergency, a generator that comes on automatically is critical.
- Extended Outages- Areas prone to hurricanes, earthquakes, severe winter weather, tornadoes, and other forces of nature can experience extended outages. Going a few hours without electricity may be acceptable, but several days can become dangerous.
- Keep Normal Schedule- Having a generator means your schedule won’t be disrupted as you wait for the power company to restore the electricity.
- Health Concerns- Not having power in the middle of summer or the dead of winter can put you at risk of extreme cold or extreme heat, which affects your health and comfort.
- Business as Usual- Not only can your business continue regular activity, but if you are the only one in the area with a generator, you’ll be able to serve everyone else’s customers too and enjoy a bump in income during the outage. You might just increase your market share, too, as people often return to the company they knew took care of them during a power outage even when the power is on.