Electricity is a grouping of charged particles that, when properly directed, can power appliances throughout your entire home. Your home has electricity running to every single room and to multiple locations in each room. Although electricity is controlled carefully, it is important to remember the danger that can exist from this energy source. Homes have an electrical panel installed to automatically stop the flow of electricity if it is overloaded. This is a safety mechanism to avoid electrical fires and other safety issues that can result from too much electricity.
Electrical panel repair may be necessary if you’re experiencing any of the following signs and symptoms.
- Flickering lights
- Electrical shocks when touching a switch or plugging in an appliance
- Seeing sparks when you’re plugging something in or unplugging it
- Regularly or frequently having your circuit breaker tripped
- Damage to the wiring throughout your home
- Rust on your panel or any of the individual switches inside
- Appliances that are not running well
- You can’t use several appliances at one time without tripping the breaker
- Old outlets
Calling in a professional from our team at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. should be your first step if you suspect the need for an electrical panel repair. Electricity is coursing through your home and is regulated by this panel, so you will not experience electrical overload. Keep your home safe by having a professional evaluate the need for electrical panel repair. The sooner you can have someone come and take a look at how electricity is running through your home, the better you’ll be able to determine any necessary changes.