Have you ever thought about getting your home rewired? We are guessing rewiring your home isn’t on the top of your to-do list, but if you are experiencing these things at home, maybe it should be. Here are five signs your home may need rewiring.
- If you are experiencing flickering lights or loss of power to your appliances, then your home may need to be rewired. Flickering and dimming of lights is one of the first signs that your home needs rewiring. This can be due to your current electrical wire running throughout your home being old, damaged, or outdated.
- Old homes that are 30-40 years old and haven’t had rewiring done in that time, will need to be rewired soon. If you are not seeing warning signs of your wiring failing yet, it is only a matter of time, so it is best to schedule the rewiring of your home soon so you can catch the problem before it happens.
- If you can smell burning in your home, especially around outlets and switches, this means your wiring could be shorting out and needs to be replaced right away. Your wiring shorting out could be small sparks behind walls and floors and can cause major damage to your home.
- When your breaker trips more often than it should, this could be a sign that your fuses are an older style and cannot hold up to the electrical demands of your appliances.
- If you hear a hum or buzzing sound, or notice any discoloration around your outlets, you need to get your wiring checked right away. These signs are very serious, and the threat of an electrical fire is very real at this point. You will want to stop using that outlet and cut power to it until it can be checked and replaced.
If your home is showing any of these signs, give us a call today at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. and we will send someone out to take a look at your wiring.