Just like anything else in life, your home’s electrical system wears out with age. Having an old electrical system is a hazard not only to your home, but to your loved ones as well. Old wiring can cause an electrical fire that can harm your family and damage your home. Don’t wait until it is too late — get rewiring done immediately if your home shows any of the following signs that your electrical system is worn out.
A big indicator that rewiring should be done is the age of the home. If your home is more than 40 years old, it is recommended to have a licensed electrician inspect your wiring. An electrician will be able to tell you if the home has old aluminum wires that are worn out and not able to handle the amount of power your home uses.
If you hear a sizzling or a buzzing sound coming from your outlets or wiring, or if the outlets themselves are loose, this is a sign rewiring may be needed. You may be able to just have the outlets replaced, but usually this is a sign of wear on your electrical system that should be dealt with immediately.
Another indicator that rewiring needs to be done in your home is if you are always tripping breakers or blowing fuses when you use electricity. Tripped breakers and blown fuses are a sign that your electrical system cannot handle the amount of power used. If you frequently go to your fuse box or breaker box because you have no power, it is time to call an electrician.
Call us today at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. to set up an appointment with our experienced electricians to see if your home needs rewiring. We will do a thorough inspection of your electrical system and make a recommendation on what needs to be done.