Most of the time, your electricity works just fine without any cause for concern. But what if you begin experiencing problems that make you wonder if what is going on behind your walls isn’t quite right? At Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc., we understand that having electrical concerns can be, well, concerning. We’ve provided a few signs that you may need electrical rewiring to ensure the safety and proper functioning of the electrical systems at your home or business.
- Lights – Are your lights constantly flickering, or they are dim and never really seem to brighten up the room like they should? This is an indicator you may have faulty or corrupt wiring that needs to be addressed.
- Smells – Have you noticed that when you plug in your appliances and other electronics, your outlets smell like they are burning? This is a big warning sign, and you should stop using these outlets immediately. Your next call should be to an emergency electrician!
- Breakers – If your breakers are constantly flipping off every time you use an appliance or plug something in, you may need electrical rewiring. Your breakers are designed to protect you in the event that something is going wrong with your electrical system, so it’s important to heed this warning.
- Shocks – If your fuse box, electrical panel, or your outlets spark or shock, you may want to call in a professional. While we’ve all seen minor cases of these before, sometimes it is your appliance or device, and sometimes it can be your wiring.
- Sounds – Do you hear buzzing when your lights are on or near your outlets in the wall? Most of the time, electricity runs silently, so if you are hearing consistent buzzing sounds, you may want to ask a licensed electrician if you need rewiring.