Here at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc., we know that your home is important to you, and we want to help you keep it in the best possible shape. One thing that can have a big impact on your quality of life in your home is the state of the wiring. Like all things, your electrical wiring will wear out over time and will eventually need to be replaced. In this article, we’ll go over how to tell whether the time has come to rewire your home.
- Your wiring is decades old. One factor to consider when deciding whether you need rewiring is the age of your current wiring. If you’ve lived in your home for decades and have never replaced the wiring, it may be time for an upgrade. Even if nothing is obviously wrong, modern wiring can make a big difference in your home’s energy efficiency, making it a worthy investment.
- You smell burning. A clear sign that it’s time for rewiring is a persistent burning smell with no identifiable source. Loose connections or degraded wires can let electrical energy escape in the form of sparks, which can lead to burnt plastic casing and the smell that comes with it. If you notice any burnt smells, we at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. encourage you to give us a call as soon as possible so we can come check it out.
- Your lights flicker frequently. Another problem that can indicate a need for rewiring is persistently flickering lights. While one or two flickering lights can mean that you simply need to screw in a couple of light bulbs more firmly, flickering lights all over your house are usually caused by a wiring problem. If you have noticed this problem, give our team at Mister Sparky by Wise Electric Control Inc. to get an expert opinion on how to proceed.